1. Leave me a casual comment of no particular significance, like a lyric to your current favourite song, or your favourite kind of sandwich, maybe your favourite cat. Any remark, meaningless or not.
2. I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.
5. When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions
1. What is your set of your 5-ever-favourite books(or films) and why?
Funny... I have a hard time coming up with a top five books. The thing is that I'm always reading something. To pick out a top five would do the remaining hundreds of books some measure of injustice. That said, here is a list of books that shaped my life:
“Only Dance There Is” by Ram Dass
The first conscious raising “metaphysical” book I read.
“Das Energi” by Paul Williams
Conscious raising prose
“Awareness : A De Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words” by Anthony de Mello
Get this book if you are at all interested in being aware.
“How to Make Your Life Work, or Why Aren't You Happy?” by Ken Keyes
An examination of happiness, habits, and preferences
“Anatomy of the Spirit : The Seven Stages of Power and Healing” by Caroline Myss
A modern holistic look at awareness and the connection between biography and biology. Excellent!
“The Wisdom of Insecurity” By Allan Watts
A wonderful examination of “I” and “me”.
“Siddhartha” by Hermann Hesse
A big favorite of mine
2. What are the top beautiful places in your city/area you live?
I am continually struck by the beauty of the trees in my region. I speak of most any trees. They have a majesty that man made constructs struggle to attain and maintain.
3. Do you believe in angels?
Yes. I suppose I see them as another form of guide/protector/entity that exists in the pan dimensional spaces.
4. What's the best way of spending time?
It depends on what I'm doing. At work I am focused on things directly or tangentially connected with my employment. At home I am focused on relaxing and working on my own projects/interests. When I'm with my lovely mate I focus on fully appreciating her love and affection. Each of these instances has a "best" quality. My life would be incomplete if I did not have all these ways of spending time.
5. If you had a chance to have (even magic) ABILITY, what would it be?
I thought this was a great question. Here is the funny thing, I've already experienced what people would call "magic" abilities. The world of healing and prophecy are part of of my mundane reality. The thing I would really like to have now is sanity and the ability to constructively focus on the opportunities in my life. I would like to have closer relationships with my friends. I would like to have less anger, grief and guilt. I would like to be able to talk to my family. I guess I've gotten to the point that abilities are not enough. I now crave a quality of life that abilities, even magical ones, cannot directly manifest.